EveryoneAreAdmins IRC Channel is an Internet Relay Chat channel that allows people to communicate with each other via live chat through the Internet. It is registered as #wikia-everyoneisadmin on the freenode network.
Almost any topic is up for discussion in the channel as long as it's not overly inappropriate. Administrators in the channel are marked with 'op', which is an @ in front of their name in addition to having operator status in the channel. Bureaucrats have the same cosmetic status as administrators with the addition of the ability to change user flags.
In short, use your common sense and treat others how you wish to be treated. Then everyone will get along nicely and drama/conflict is kept to a minimum. If you happen to witness something you shouldn't then tell an administrator via a private message.
If you're having a problem with a user or something else on IRC, you can query these users regarding the issue.
Accessing the channel
- Start your IRC client
- Click here to join #wikia-everyoneisadmin
- Wait a few seconds until the channel loads up.
Getting an IRC Client
There are many different clients for using IRC. Many people use webchat (see "Browser connect through Freenode"). However, some clients provide you with more options than others. EveryoneAreAdmins can recommend these clients:
- Chatzilla - a free IRC client for Firefox.
- mIRC - a client for Windows which isn't free but there is a 30 day free trial and you are able to purchase if you wish.
- HexChat - An updated and maintained free version of XChat for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Colloquy - an IRC client for Mac OS X.
- Rooms - an IRC client for iOS which is not free.